Heal the Cause with Reiki Energy Healing
REIKI (pronounced Ray-Key) is a Japanese word meaning "Universal Life Energy," the vital force that permeates all living things. Also called Chi, Prana, Life-force, etc., Reiki in particular is part of the Usui System of Natural Healing, after Dr. Mikao Usui, a Japanese teacher who rediscovered Reiki in the mid 1800s.
Reiki is a vibrational energy technique for improving health by balancing our energy system. It is a holistic therapy which harmonizes body, mind and spirit, using non-polarized energy from the centers in the palms of the hands. Reiki is a technique for stress reduction and relaxation that allows everyone to tap into an unlimited supply of "life force energy" to improve health and enhance the quality of life. The energy will work where it's needed, regardless of the person's understanding of its workings. The more open a person is to receiving a healing, the more healing energy will be absorbed, and the greater and faster the benefits will be.
The experience of receiving a Reiki treatment feels like an extremely pleasant and deeply penetrating energy that flows through you and surrounds you. No special tools are needed, and while receiving a treatment you are fully-clothed and all you need to do is relax and keep an open mind. Reiki treats the whole person - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual - and is even beneficial via long distance. Many miraculous results have even been reported. Every aspect of a person's life, including all relationships and situations, will be improved once Reiki is applied, because Reiki heals the cause of your problems, it does not just mask symptoms. It is completely safe and cannot be misused, as it always creates a healing effect. Additionally, it is well suited to our lifestyle, as Reiki gives us a fast path to well-being and personal development.
There are a number of healing systems that use universal energy, but the Usui System is unique in its simplicity and gentleness. No special skills are required - just an open mind and loving heart. Reiki is natural and nonintrusive, as no diagnosis, medicines, aids or devices are required. As western medicine continues to explore alternative methods of healing, Reiki is destined to play an important role as an accepted and valued healing practice. In fact, Reiki is an excellent supplement to Western Medical treatments.
While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether one believes in it or not.
The Benefits of Reiki
Reiki is 'self help' - you take control of your health and well-being. It's a powerful tool for personal growth and improving the quality of life
- Reduces stress and promotes relaxation
- Reduces headaches, colds, flus, cuts, burns, fatigue, stomach upsets, sprains and other complaints of daily living
- Alleviates tiredness and aching muscles
- Promotes recovery from surgery
- Eases the pain and discomfort of chronic diseases
- Reduces the incidence of illness and injury
- Aids in withdrawal from addictions
- Complements other healing systems including standard medical treatments
- Increases the therapeutic effects of both conventional medicines and alternative remedies
- Enhances creativity, communication and learning abilities by improving the integration of the left and right brain hemispheres
- Helps children in the growth process, particularly with stress and learning difficulties
- Assists in reconnecting with our 'Inner Self'
- Helps overcome fear and anxiety
- Increases confidence and self-esteem
- Reiki is NOT a religion, cult or organization, or form of mind control or hypnosis
- Animals and plants love Reiki too!